Tuesday 5 July 2016

Getting Dressed as a Victorian Lady - Joan Lennon


If you don't have a lot of experience of historical re-enactment, you might consider this video on the process of dressing in the Victorian age - I know I learned a lot!  For example, the shoes before corset rule would never have occurred to me.  Also, there's the efficacy of the bunny hop.  And if you fancied another video, you might want to have a look at How Did They Go to the Toilet? - the facing backwards ploy shows yet again the ingenuity of the Victorians.

Enjoy!


Joan Lennon's website.
Joan Lennon's blog.
Silver Skin.

5 comments:

Joan Lennon said...

Sorry it doesn't show right in the post - it looked fine on Preview! Just click to view it on Youtube.

Lydia Syson said...

Very enjoyable, thank you! Worked for me.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I wish someone would do the same for men's clothes. I know generally what was worn but I'd like to see it in action, all the same. :)

Susan Price said...

Entertaining and informative!
I shall be forwarding this to some gentleman of my acquaintance who I'm sure will take a keen, er, historical interest.

Catherine Johnson said...

Love this!