Thursday 1 March 2012

February Competition

February competition


In case you missed this yesterday at the end of Anne Rooney's post about vampires, we are re-posting our latest competition today.

Two History Girls have new books out now and we have some to offer as prizes.




To win one of three copies of Marie-Louise Jensen's The Girl in the Mask, answer this question:


"If you were a notorious 18th Century highwayman (or woman in disguise), what alias would you give yourself?"



To win one one five hardbacks of Katherine Roberts' Sword of Light, try this one:


"If Lord Avallach gave you one of his fairy horses, what would you name it?"


Leave your answers in Comments below, mixed in with comments on Anne Rooney's blogpost.


Closing date 7th March.As usual, only UK entrants.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zaria

Stroppy Author said...

If I were a highwayman, I'd call myself Black Jack. Not only is it a reasonable name for a highwayman, it's a good name for a ghost so I can haunt my routes after they hang me.

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm SO excited about this one, because these are both books I've wanted to read for ages!
1)
"If you were a notorious 18th Century highwayman (or woman in disguise), what alias would you give yourself?"
I love this question! The alias I would give myself would be; Night Lock , because I would lock my identity and who I really was to myself, so that nobody would find out my true identity, and would hide my secret identity and secrets between myself, and the night I rode away in. There is also a deadly plant called Night Lock, which is not to be played with and is very dangerous - like myself, as I ride away, my secrets locked, in the dead of night, with just my secrets for company.

2)
"If Lord Avallach gave you one of his fairy horses, what would you name it?"
This question's really cool!
I would call the fairy horse Diamond, because it would be as enchanting, beautiful and rare as a diamond - it would be sought after, precious and not many people could get their hands on it!

Kit Berry said...

My highwayman alias would be Ravenheart - for my glossily corvid yet romantic presence on the highways of our fair land. Rich pickings for me on the roadkill of society, and a heart as black as night to make the ladies swoon as I relieve them of their treasures.

My fairy horse would be called Nightwing, and together we'd fly through the black velvet skies, chasing the stars.

Astrid Holm said...

These both sound wonderful books...

For the highway man's alias, we've chosen 'noose dodger' as it's suitably defiant and in the face of authority.

The fairy horse would be called Zodiac in honour of Mary Stewart's 'Ludo and the star horse' a magical book.

Samarita said...

Why does every girl love a highwayman? I blame Adam Ant.My masked marauder would be Le Diable Francais. In flight from early revolutionary France and mustering his own mercenaries, he finances his counter-revolutionary plans by robbery executed with chivalric finesse! In very fetching boots.

By contrast my fairy steed would be pure of heart and named fleur-de-lys.